1. To contribute to the reduction of the ever existing shortage of Nurses, midwives and other related health workers in this country.
2. To train young women and men of post primary education, both ordinary and advanced level in enlisted courses to be offered at the school for the improvement of their own community health systems.
3. To provide training in health related disciplines by promoting innovative medical professional education that engage more of preventive than treatment and cure
4. To collaborate with the Local Government, Ministry of Health (MOH), National and International Institutions, Organizations and Agencies to promote medical training, innovations and research in public health and other tested health care related services.
5. To conduct participatory research in the population in the health and socio-economic aspects of development for evidence based decision making so as to influence policy development and implementation.